Monday, August 29, 2011

Some of my favorite things

I've always enjoyed watching attorney, Lisa Bloom (Gloria Alred's daugter and only child) as a legal analyst on TV, whether it be on an entertainment show or on CNN/HLN. She's a champion for victims' rights, and I love the way she thinks. It turns out that she is marrying a friend of my girlfriend, Georgina, so I was able to meet her at Georgina's birthday party a few years ago. Not only is this Yale Law School graduate crazy smart, but she is beautiful to go along with it. She is a lifetime vegetarian, and now a vegan, runs marathons, and looks amazing at age 50. Lisa really is quite an inspiration. I can't wait to read her first book.

Growing up in Northern Wisconsin meant that I loved ice skating, and spent a lot of time on the ice each winter. We would skate at the outdoor rink at Pioneer Park until our feet felt like hard rocks and where we could not take it anymore. I have vivid memories of spending many Friday nights in the warming house thawing out my numb feet so that I could get back out on the ice. I never had lessons, but I think I could have been a decent skater had I had that opportunity. One of my idols back then was the graceful Olympic Gold Metalist, Peggy Fleming. I wanted "to BE Peggy Fleming." I was actually able to watch Peggy skate in person at the Staples Center in LA in the mid-90's. Obviously, Peggy was no longer in her prime, but she was just as graceful as ever, and I was thrilled for the opportunity to watch her skate in person. Thank you, Jen and Larry Levine for that treat!


























No comments:

Post a Comment